Annons:
Etikettmatprat
Läst 7513 ggr
deia
3/1/06, 12:20 PM

BRAZILIAN FOOD RECIPES

I'm brazilian and I can give you brazilian food recipes if you just ask me.

Annons:
Anne
3/2/06, 1:07 PM

Nice! I have no idea what Brazilian food is like - could we have an introduction?

Pelle
3/2/06, 2:46 PM

sound great!

I would also be very interested in typical Brazilian foods. I'd love to try out both traditional and modern versions of Brazilian cooking as I'm sure we all are.

deia
3/2/06, 5:27 PM

Let's start with something easy made of PARÁ-NUT, but let me tell first that the name (PARÁ) of this nut (nut = castanha in portuguese) is the name of a state in north of Brasil, in Amazonia area, and the very big nut trees grow there like 'grass' and then the name PARÁ-NUT (or CASTANHA DO PARÁ) comes for this fact, yet many people have tried to change and call it Brasil-nut:

PARÁ- NUTS COOKIES 

+/- 300 grams of white flour (that normal simple flour u use to make cakes)

100 grams of butter

100 grams of grated pará- nuts

2 table spooms of sugar

1 pinch of salt

- Mix everything with the hands and put more flour until it's not glueing in the hands anymore but still wet enough that you can make cookies the shape you want (I make small balls and press between the hands to get them flat.

- Put in a plate (already covered with butter and spreaded flour) and bake them for around 15 min, 150 degrees, but don't let them become dark nor light dark.

- Take them out and WAIT until they get cold (or they will break cause they are very fragille) and roll them in sugar.

- They last for weeks in a very closed glass or can.

- Also you can glue 2 sides with some gelly (I use pineapple gelly) before you roll them in sugar.

- Also it's taste to cover them with melted chocolated and then you don't roll them in sugar.

deia
3/3/06, 12:24 PM

CHEESE BREAD

2 CUPS OF TAPIOCA STARCH

1/2 CUP OF OIL

1 CUP OF MILK

100 GRAMS OF RASPED PARMEZON CHEESE

1 EGG

1 PINCH OF SALT

- MIX EVERYTHING VERY WELL

- FILL 2/3 OF SMALL FORMS (SMALL ALUMINIUM CAKE MOULDS) ALREADY GREASED WITH OIL.

- BAKE THEM FOR +/- 20 MINUTES, 150 DEGREES - UNTIL YOU PICK WITH A TOOTH PICK AND IT COMES CLEAN, BUT DON'T LET THE BREADS BECOME DARK. IT'S BAKED ENOUGH WHEN A VERY, VERY LIGHT CARAMEL COLOR STARTS ON THEM.

- THE CONSISTENCE IS LIKE A SOFT RUBBER.

- YOU CAN PUT ALSO A SMALL PIECE OF CHEESE INSIDE BEFORE BAKING THEM.

- IT'S TO EAT WARM. YOU CAN WARM THEM IN THE MICRO WAVE.

Pernilla
3/3/06, 12:30 PM

Mmmm! Sounds lovely!

deia
3/3/06, 1:16 PM

Here you have the most tipical food in Brasil. You can find it everywhere there. It's a lot of work but it's really taste.

My husband translated to swedish. Any doubt, pls, just ask me… 

FEIJOADA (svarta bönor) och FAROFA

Blötlägg 1 kilo svarta bönor i 4 liter kallt vatten åtminstone 12 timmar.  Måste göras.    

- Följande skall vara finhackat:

1 kaffekopp gul lök

½ kaffekopp av det feta från en gris

½ kaffekopp bacon

1 kaffekopp paprika  ( färsk röd eller inlagd)

- Följande skall vara grovhackat

300 gram Chorizo ( starkare kryddad även det som vanligren säljs som Chorizo gärna Tysk eller Italiensk)

300 gram griskött ( som rensats från det feta vilket använts finhackat ovan)

300 gram nötkött

- Häll bort blötläggningsvattnet från bönorna. Lägg bönorna i en sil eller liknande och låt kallt vatten spola av bönorna cirka 5 min.

- Tag en stor kastrull lägg i bönorna avrunna tillsätt

2 liter kallt vatten.

2 st buljongtärningar av kött

2 st tärningar grönsaksbuljong

1 tesked svartpeppar

2 teskedar vitlökspulver

- Koka cirka 3 timmar i vanlig kastrull, tillsätt vatten under tiden så att bönorna inte kokar torra  

- Om tryckkokakre används blir koktiden cirka 1 timma istället.Kolla så att det inte kokar torrt.  

- Ta upp en böna, den skall inte vara sönderkokt men skall vara mjuka.

- Under tiden bönorna kokar kan man lämpligen steka det finhackade fettet,  du måste röra i stekpannan så att fettet verkligen steks efter cirka 10 minuter är fettet färdigt. Tillsätt i stekpannan med fettet den finhackade löken och vitlöken, stek cirka 5 minuter under  omrörning vid behov. Tillsätt sedan paprikan, korven, och köttet.Stek sedan cirka 15 minuter under  omrörning vid behov.

- Tillsätt allt det stekta i kastrullen med bönorna.  

- Koka ytterligare cirka 1 timma. Nu kan du inte använda ev. tryckkokare längre måste vara vanlig kastrull efter det att det stekta tillsatts.Var vaksam och tillsätt ytterligare vatten lite i taget vid behov. Bönorna är färdigkokta när de börjar falla sönder skall dock inte vara gröt. Vattnet skall nu ha blivit tjockt.  

- Kolla om saltetr från det stekta varit tillräckligt eller om mer behöver tillsättas samt ev ytterligare svartpeppar och vitlök enligt smak.

FAROFA

- Smält 4 matskedar av smör i stekpanna,

- tillsätt 1 kafekopp finhackad bacon

Stek baconet med fettet cirka 5-10 min under omrörning så att baconet steks.

- tillsätt 01 kaffekopp med finhackad gul lök och 2 kaffekoppar av kött (gris, chorizo eller nöt enligt smak eller kombinera)

- Stek under omrörning cirka 15 minuter.

- Stång av plattan men stekpannan kan fortfarande vara på plattan.

- Tillsätt ½ kilo farinha ( mjöl av maniokrot). You find 'FARINHA' (MANIOC FLOUR OR FARINE OF MANIOC) where you find the Tapioca starch, there are both in Hötorget in Stockholm.

- Rörs om konstant under cirka 5 minuter.

- Smaka och tillsätt ev ytterligare salt.

Annons:
deia
3/3/06, 1:53 PM

Sorry, I forgot to tell you how to eat FEIJOADA!!!

- You eat it with rice boiled only with a bit os salt and the FAROFA or only with farofa.

- BUT be careful with the farofa, use only 01 table spoom for each cup of feijoada cause the farinha grows a lot when you wet it, sucking the liquid.

- Put the feijoada in a deep plate (individual plate) and put the farofa on it, then mix them.

- If you use only the rice, put the rice in a deep plate(individual plate) and the feijoada on it.

- It's very taste to eat feijoada with pieces of pineapple, banana or orange.

- Feijoada will have a consistence of a tick soup.

deia
3/8/06, 9:30 AM

Hello!!!

Did anybody try to make the brazilian food recipes above??? I'd like to know if you tried and if you would like to have more, please.

deia
3/15/06, 9:54 AM

Nobody tried…Ledsen

Pelle
3/15/06, 10:34 AM

Hi, Deia. I just haven't found the time to try out new recipes and have fun in the kitchen for a while, it's been a lot of köttbullar and pasta lately. (shame on me…) I will try out some of your recipes though, as soon as possible, whenever that may be… I think they sounds really tasty.

Pls, don't be discouraged, and keep posting. Even though it's hard to find the time to try them out, it's lovely to read about unfamiliar foods and recipes and think about them.

/Pelle

Anne
3/15/06, 10:35 AM

I'm sorry - I haven't had time yet. I've got them copied to my computer, but it generally takes me months to try new recipes…

The cheesebread in particular sounds interesting. Can you perhaps use potato starch or rice flour instead of the tapioca starch? 

I'm not a fan of beans at all, so I'm going to skip on the feijoada…

deia
3/15/06, 3:42 PM

Pelle, thx for such atention…hope you have some free time soon…Skrattande

Anne, it's impossible to use another kind of flour for getting the right consistence. BUT!… You loose de consistense using MAIZENA of corn without losing the taste, in this case, also put a piece of any chese (some cheese easy to melt) in each little 'bread'.

deia
3/15/06, 4:04 PM

And here we have:

CANJICA

- Mix very well and cook, ALWAYS mixing with a spoom, until the cream is very thick and unbinding from the buttom of the pan - around 10 to 15 min after starting boiling.

300 ml of coconuts milk

300 ml of milk

100 g of corn flour (couscuz) 

50 g of grated coconut (thouse plastic of dried coconuts you find in supermarket)

4 table spooms of sugar

1 coffee spom of cinnamon powder

1/2 coffee spoom of salt

- Spread hot yet in a deep plate and spread cinnamon powder on it as much as you like.

- Wait until it's cold (I put in the openned window to get cold fastRäcka ut tungan) and cut like a cake.

It's great to eat drinking hot black coffee. I like to eat with cheese also but it's not comon to eat this way.

Annons:
deia
3/15/06, 4:43 PM

LITTLE CANDIES OF CHEESE

- Mix very well and cook, ALWAYS mixing with a spoon, until the cream is very thick and unbinding from the buttom of the pan - around 15 to 20 min after starting boiling:

01 can of condensed milk (you find with arabic food in Willys and Ö.B)

100 g of grated parmezon cheese

01 coffee spoon of butter

- Wait until is ompletely cold, spread a bit of butter in your hands and roll a bit of the cream making little balls.

- Roll the balls in sugar and put them in little papper forms.

- Put one 'nejlikor' in each candy letting the little flower out of the candy.

- You must save them to eat for 24 hours for taking the taste of 'nejlikor' in the candies.

- You can eliminate the butter and the 'nejlikor' for exchanging the cheese for grated: coconuts, pará-nuts, cashew nuts, 50 g-pinapple and 50 g-coconuts(in this case it will delay more boiling cause the water of the pinapple), little pieces of dried plum. AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT 24 HOURS TO EAT!!!Skrattande

- You can use it inside cakes like stuffing.

CONDENSED MILK CAN 

- Also you can just boil the condensed milk can (WITHOUT openning it) for 2 hours (or 40 min in presure pan), in a normal pan with water enough to cover the can.

- Wait until it's cold, open the can and you will have a very taste sweet cream.

- You can just eat it with a spoon.

- You can use it inside cakes, also you can use to cover cakes and spread grated cheese or nuts on it.

- If you think it's too much sweet, you can mix it with milk cream(1/2 box of MILDA/ KELDA 15% or more).

deia
3/15/06, 4:47 PM

Anne

My husband didn't like beans also but he changed his mind since he tested 'feijoada' and he loves it. He is swedishFörvånad!!!

And thanks for your atention too.Skrattande

Anne
3/15/06, 7:38 PM

Yum! These new recipes sound really yummy!

deia
3/16/06, 7:54 PM

COCADA

- Mix very well and cook, ALWAYS mixing with a spoon, until the cream is very thick, light brown and unbinding from the buttom of the pan - around 30 to 45 min after starting boiling

01 can of condensed milk

02 tea cups of grated fresh coconut

02 tea cups of sugar

- Spread only a little bit of butter on a flat plate before you spread the cream on the plate, it shoud be 1 cm thick.

- While it's still a bit warm, cut in small pieces.

- Wait until it's completely cold, it should be dried and hard.

- Save the pieces in a recipient well closed. You can save for 3 weeks.

- You find dried fresh coconut in Wilys sometimes. Shake it close to your ear, it's good if you can hear the sound of water inside shaking. Break it and take out the white part inside puting in the micro-wave for around 3 minutes then you force around with a nife, the white part will leave the shell, peel the dark thin shell around the white part and grate the white.

- When you break the coconut, try to save the water that it's inside. This water is very taste and healthy. Put in the refrigerater to get cold, it's really taste.

- You can save the water: look on the top of the coconut and you will see 2 or 3 dark marks like 'dots' (we call them 'eyes'), take that tool to open wine bottons and force it on the 'dots', just like you you're openning a wine botton, one of them always is 'false' and very easy to open, then take the water out by this hole in a glass before you break the coconut.

deia
3/19/06, 9:56 PM
Bild 1. Klicka för att öppna i full storlek.

PICTURE OF CANJICA

deia
3/19/06, 9:57 PM

PICTURE OF LITTLE CANDIES OF CHEESE

deia
3/19/06, 9:58 PM

PICTURE OF FEIJOADA

Annons:
deia
3/19/06, 9:58 PM

PICTURE OF FAROFA

deia
1/24/07, 3:26 PM

Eating in Brasil

The most tipical brazilian food is FEIJOADA (black beans boiled with diferent kinds of meats) to eat with rice and farinha (it's a kind of flour made of cassava),  a kind of leaves sliced and fried, orange and caipirinha;

and BARBECUE of many diferent kinds of meat.

You can find them everywhere.

CANJICA (cream of corn flour, coconut milk and canel.) and CUSCUS (salty - with fish or hen and sweet - with coconut) also are popular dishes all around the country among others.

Some tipical foods in the indicated regions in the topic 'Brasil - enjoy other places' in 'Resor' in case that you didn't see there:

NORTH

TACACÁ - is a broth made with tucupi (broth of the brave cassava that is cooked to lose the poison), together with a cream of cassava flour, dry shrimps, jambu (grass that it cushions the language and lips) and a regional pepper.

DUCK IN TUCUPI - pieces of baked duck boiled in tucupi and jambu, eat with rice and pepper.

CUPUACU CREAM - cupuacu is a fruit of Amazon region. The cream is made mixing the fruit with milk cream and condensed milk.

CALDEIRADA OF FISH - boiled regional fish with vegetables, boiled eggs, sometimes with shrimps, to eat with rice, farinha, lime and pepper.

PIRARUCU -  regional river fish eaten in diferent ways.

TAPIOCA - pancake made of cassava flour (tapioca flour) which you spread butter, minced coconut, cupuacu or guava gelly, condensed milk or whatever you want.

PUPUNHA - regional fruit of a palm tree. Very tasty to eat while you drink coffee.

CASQUINHA OF CRAB - the crustaceans is boiled, removed of the rind, clean, unweavings, fried sauces with gravy. The hooves are stuffed with this mixture and covered with farinha.

REGIONAL FRUIT ICECREAM - acaí, cupuacu, bacuri, para-nuts, manga, taperebá, uxi, muruci, graviola and many others.

NORTHEAST

CARNE DE SOL (sun meat) - it is a salty meat dried in the sun.. Fried is the best way to make it (I really don't recomend it boiled) to eat with rice, farinha, regional cheese and boiled or fried cassava.

MOQUECA OF SHRIMPS OR FISH - fresh shrimps boiled in coconut milk, regional oil and spicies.

ACARAJÉ - it is a crocket made of regional white beans and fried in regional oil. It can or not be opened and be stuffed with shrimps.

XINXIM OF HEM - it is a dish of African influence, with the hen in pieces, well spiced, cooked in a peanut gravy, cashew nuts, dry shrimp, ginger, all worn out one, but with delicate taste.

FRIGIDEIRA (frying-pan) - it is one fried, generally of fish and fruits of the sea, with mass of beaten eggs and milk of coconut.

VATAPÁ - it's a cream made of shrimps, regional oil, coconut milk, spices and pepper, to eat with rice.

BAIÃO DE DOIS - rice boiled with brown beans and meats.

COCADA - it's a candy made of minced coconut and sugar, it can be natural flavour or flavour of passion fruit, cupuacu, burned coconut.

CENTER-WEAST

TUTU OF BEANS - beans cooked normally and thickened with cassava flour poured in rain on it. Generally eaten with sausage and eggs.

CHEESE BREAD - small bolls made with tapioca flour, eggs, cheese and baked.

GOIANO PIE - a pie species with composed filling of sausage, chicken, pig meat, guariroba, that it is a type of asparagus and cheese.

JACARÉ AND PIRANHA - dishes made with regional wild animals, fried and boild.

HEN WITH QUIABO - hen boiled with spices and quiabo(a vegetable).

PARAGUAI SOPA(cuscus) - made of corn flour, milk, cheese and spices.

Site with recipes:

http://www.receitasemenus.net/content/category/4/170/242/

Pictures - from left to right.

Acarajé - baião de dois - caldeirada - cuscus - moqueca - sopa paraguaia - tacacá - tapioca - tutu de feijão - vatapá - jacaré - hen with quiabo

Good on-line translater:

http://www2.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

Please, if you try some brazilian recipe, let me know. Ok?Glad

deia
10/23/07, 11:50 AM

A site about some tipical brazilian foods in sweish:

http://medlem.spray.se/riodejaneiro/hobbies.html

MaMaMade
10/23/07, 1:01 PM

Your link didn´t work so I took the liberty to fix it.

Everything sound delicious! I surely will try your recipes but I´ve just seen them and I live up north out in the bush. So I figure I´ll have some trouble to find all ingredients. I have to check our the shops next time we go to the nearest big town.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge of brasilian food with us! You´re *gold*! :)

deia
10/23/07, 2:03 PM

MaMa, thanks for fixing the link… you are so nice…

Most of the ingredients are found in Willys and in asian or arabic markets. Only the 'farinha' that I just find in Stockholm.

MaMaMade
10/23/07, 8:03 PM

OK. We´ve got a Willys a year ago and I think there still is an arabic/asian shop in Umeå… Have no plan to go there for about 2 weeks but when I go… :) (I have 55 km to Umeå.)

Annons:
deia
3/18/08, 10:44 AM

Condensaded milk Pudin 

Spread honey or any caramel in a cake form (with a hole). 

In the mixer, mix for 3 minutes:

1 condensaded milk can

3 eggs

300 ml of milk

Put in the form and boil it for 1 hour in a covered deep pan with water. Careful that the water doesn't go inside the form.

Let get warm and turn it on a plate. Let get cold in the refrigerater to eat.

***You can change the milk for orange or passionfruit juice or any other juice.

Lemon cream

Mix very well 1 condensaded milk can with 250 ml of lemon juice.

Add a milk cream box of 20% fet at least and mix very well. Let rest for 40 minutes to use in pies and cakes.

Cacaulete

Cook until you start boiling and you see(just in the early sight)the pan for the first time, always mixing with a spoon:

1/2 can of condensade milk with 100 g of minced pará-nuts(wrongly called 'brasil-nuts').

- Let get completely cold to add milk in powder until it's good to make little bolls in the hands.
***You can add sugar if you like sweeter.

- 'Bathe' the candies in melted chocolate (white or dark), ornate with a 'nejlikor' in each candy.

***You can save them in the freezer for 3 months.

Upp till toppen
Annons: